The Gumotex Ruby is a 3-person inflatable boat for all-round recreational use. The Ruby comes equipoped with a stern transom board allowing it to be fitted with an electric (or small petrol) short shaft motor upto 2.6kW or 3.5hp in power. The Ruby has a wide and stable hull design making this great for cruising on calm inland waterways, rivers, lakes and calm coastal waters. The Ruby is also a great family option and has 3 bench-style seats that are raised off the floor for a comfortable seating position and drier ride. Can also be paddled by hand using canoe style paddles or rowing oars.
At the end of the day the Ruby packs down into a compact 65 x 42 x 30cm dry bag back pack and weighs just 23kg! This makes transporting easy, and the whole boat can be stored away in a small space until the next use. Inflating is quick and easy using the easy-to-use Gumotex Push-Push valves on the 2 separate side chambers and 1 floor chamber.
The Ruby is constructed from tough and durable Nitrilon proividing excellent resistance against abrasion, aging and UV damage. This is a high-quality inflatable boat. See the construction tab for more info.
Not sure what Electric Outboard to buy? Check out our Frequently Asked Questions page for advice.
- Rubber ropes for fixation of baggage
- Safety ropes on the side tubes
- Transom for motors
- Handles for paddles
- Seats made of flat plywood with with PE foam COMFORT PAD
- Binding rope in the bow and stern
- Push-push valves
- Safety relief valve in the bottom of the boat
- Repair kit
- Transport drybag 135L
- No. of Persons: 3
- Length: 430cm
- Width: 108cm
- Weight: 23kg
- Capacity: 370kg
- Pack Size: 76 x 50 x 34cm
- Material: Nitrilon®
Gumotex Inflatable Boat Construction
The Gumotex Ruby is constructed from tough and durable Nitrilon® material. This is a lighter grade of the material used in RIB/rigid inflatable boat manufacture. This is a high quality material that is manufactured by Gumotex themselves.
- High strength Polyester (PES) fibre
- An outer layer of synthetic rubber
- Inner layer of a mixture based on natural rubber
The material has excellent resistance to abrasion, aging and UV with a minimum tensile strength (1) of 3000/3000 N (sample 20 x 5 cm). This makes Nitrilon fabric an excellent material for the construction of inflatable boats.
Gumotex Manufacturing Process
Gumotex have been producing high quality inflatable products in the Czech Republic for over 60 years using unique materials and technologies, making Gumotex inflatables some of the very best in the world!
- Each Gumotex inflatable boat is manufactured by-hand in the Czech Republic.
- After the materials have been assembled and vulcanised, each & every boat is pressure tested and left inflated for 12 hours.
- After final assembly each boat is inflated for a further 6 hours before a final inspection and packaging.
This means that every Gumotex Inflatable Boat has been inflataion tested twice before it is packaged for a combined time of 18 hours! Such high-level of testing and quality control has led to Gumotex being accredited with ISO9001 Quality Assured Management Systems. This means that you can have complete confidence in the quality of your Gumotex product straight from opening the box!
Gumotex do not use PVC in any of their boats - PVC products release Phthalates into the environment and this substance has a negative effect on human and environmental health.
Colour Options for the Gumotex Ruby
We offer a delivery service for the Gumotex Ruby throughout the UK & Ireland to home and work addresses.
Where possible orders are sent out via a courier using an overnight delivery service, orders are normally dispatched within 24 hours. The delivery price will be shown in the shopping basket
Collection - Click & Collect
Buy a Gumotex Ruby online from our website and collect from one of our nationwide branches.
We will contact you to arrange collection upon receipt of you order.
Our Stores are:
- Electric Outboard Motors / Bournemouth Canoes - Poole, BH16 5BW
- Brighton Canoes - Newhaven, BN9 0DH
- Cornwall Canoes - St Columb Road, TR9 6PZ
- Kayaks & Paddles - Plymouth, PL21 9RL
- Manchester Canoes - Warrington, WA1 4RF
- Norfolk Canoes - Norwich, NR5 0JU
- Southampton Canoes - Totton, SO40 3SA